|Event Location:||Denny's, 7215 Macleod Trail South|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Feb 26 2015 6:30 PM|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Feb 18 2015 11:00:00 PM|
|Event Duration:||Depends on the group, but probably around 2 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||8|
|Maximum No. Guests:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||5|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Please Note: |
This is a meeting for people with backpacking experience who would be serious about hiking the Nootka Trail for a week in early August. This is not an event for those who want to hang out for an evening (you won't get a slideshow or anything, but bring maps or whatever and have some questions). Before attending this evening session, please familiarize yourself with the resources listed below.
Access to the north trailhead (Louie Lagoon) is by float plane from Gold River on central Vancouver Island. I'd go for chartering the Beaver, which can take a group of 5 people plus backpacking gear. Together these 5 people + gear cannot exceed 1,200 pounds. The return trip would be by ship (the MV Uchuck III) from Friendly Cove back to Gold River, a journey that takes approximately two hours.
Difficulty & Specifics:
As we get into summer I'll be posting more day hikes and overnight backpacking trips so that people can test out gear, get a sense for group dynamics, etc. Preference will be given to members whose backpacking experience I am familiar with. Note that there will be no organized carpool for this event; the expectation is that we all meet up in Campbell River the night before we start backpacking.
Other Trip Costs:
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in COC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Contact the Event Coordinator for suggestions and recommendations.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Wendy W and Lynda H., at email@example.com.
- Support the club by purchasing a Premier Membership: $25 a year
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!