Download to your Outlook Calendar
Pour toutes informations en français, s'il vous plaît contactez Yannick à firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake O'Hara (Relaxed Pace) with Maybe Lodge Lunch (3/11/2017)PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.For some events a payment may be required. Payment is not made directly to COC - please review event details fully for information about if and how you will be required to make payment.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership free and lower cost events).
|Event Type:||Ski - Cross-Country|
|Event Location:||Yoho National Park between Lake Louise & Field|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Mar 11 2017 10:45 AM (Carpool Departure: 8:15 AM *log in for location*)|
|Registration Cut Off:||Fri, Mar 10 2017 12:00:00 PM|
|Event Duration:||~ 6 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||8|
|Maximum No. Guests:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||5 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|This event is great for
· You are a strong novice up to intermediate skier comfortable skiing hills (very gradual here for the most part) and are up for a longer, but very rewarding day.
· You want to ski at a relaxed pace. Average pace for the uphill will be around 4 km/hr to 6 km/hr, and more for the return portion (nice, long downhill cruise).
· The total distance will be ~22 kms with 430 meters elevation.
· We are out to enjoy the day and event duration may vary.
· We may have lunch at Lake O'Hara
This is $22 per person. Cash only (they do not
debit or credit cards).
Lake O'Hara is a prime location both in summer and winter. We will ski up the Lake O'Hara fire road at a relaxed pace. This should take about 2.5 - 3 hours. We will explore a little bit around the lake, then could make our way to Lake O'Hara Lodge for lunch, which is offered 12:00 - 2:00pm. This includes soup, bread, salad, dessert, and coffee or tea, and is $22 per person (cash only). The return ski is a nice gradual downhill cruise and can be done in about an hour. Note, however, that we are out to enjoy the day and event duration may vary.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Take Hwy 1 (Trans Canada Highway) west past Lake Louise. The Lake O'Hara parking lot is approximately 2.5km west of the BC/Alberta border (you will see a sign to turn left off the highway). After crossing the railroad tracks turn right and drive about 200m to the parking area.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||380Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||8:15 AM|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
Log in for directions
** Calgary Transit Info
|Carpool Cost:||Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $83.60 (calculated at total Km * $0.22, effective Saturday, March 25, 2017). This is based on $0.12/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Alternately your carpool driver may choose to split the maintenance cost plus the actual gas cost among all in the vehicle. Your carpool driver will confirm exactly how much money they require to cover costs. Please split the actual cost among all people in the vehicle.|
Terrain Classification: Exempt from
as this is on and official groomed XC ski trail.
Plan: We will only ski on the official ski trail/fire road and not venture off into areas off the side.
Note that COC event coordinators are volunteers and are not trained guides. All participants are responsible for assessing the current road conditions, current weather conditions, current trail conditions and current avalanche conditions for the trip.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in COC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Contact the Event Coordinator for suggestions and recommendations.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Wendy W and Lynda H., at email@example.com.
- Support the club by purchasing a Premier Membership: $25 a year
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!