|Event Location:||Highwood Junction/Cataract Area|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jun 7 2009 10:05 AM (Carpool Departure: 8:05 AM *log in for location*)|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sat, Jun 6 2009 7:05:00 AM|
|Event Duration:||~5-6 hours + driving|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 21 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||6|
|Number Registered So Far:||15 (Log in to see who's signed up.)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
|Distance: 11.8km - 13.6km|
Elevation Gain: 645m
Hiking footwear required-Sorry no runners or jeans
Yeh!! nice weather forecast for this area so come on out to Raspberry Ridge, it's an active fire lookout that provides great views in all directions. You can see Mt. Burke to the east with the old Cameron Lookout. If we take the shorter way up be prepared for a relentlessly steep ascent. Along this stretch one will gain more than 300m over 1 km. No beginners please as experienced hikers are invited on this hike given the workout and the fact that there are probably still quite a few snow & mud patches on the trail.
PACE:Please note that this is not a speed demons hike(getting to the top in record time) nor is for very slowpokes. If you're not sure about a hike, please always feel free to contact the coordinator.
· Print off and bring your 2009 COC waiver if you haven't submitted one yet for this year.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Note: Distances given are approximate.|
· 0km: Drive south on Macleod Trail/Hwy 2A.
· 16km: Take Hwy 2A towards Okotoks and continue through town.
· 28km: Past Okotoks, turn west (right) on Highway 7. Drive to Black Diamond.
· 47km: In Black Diamond, take Hwy 22 south (left). Drive to Longview.
· 64km: In Longview, head west on Hwy 541 (right). Continue for 43.2km to Highwood Junction (where Hwys 40, 940 and 541 intersect).
· 107km: At Highwood Junction turn south (left) onto unpaved Hwy 940. Continue 11.2km south (gravel road) to a small parking area at an unmarked, gated road on the west (right) side of the highway (118km).
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||236Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||8:05 AM|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
Log in for directions
** Calgary Transit Info
|Carpool Cost:||Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $75.52 (calculated at total Km * $0.32, effective Thursday, January 27, 2022). This is based on $0.16/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Alternately your carpool driver may choose to split the maintenance cost plus the actual gas cost among all in the vehicle. Your carpool driver will confirm exactly how much money they require to cover costs. Please split the actual cost among all people in the vehicle.|
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Wendy W and Lynda H., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Voluntary Donations:||Although there is no cost for this event, please note that the club survives on voluntary donations. Please consider making a donation based on the value you feel you receive from the club. See our How You Can Help page for more information.|
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.