Waivers are a very important component of protection of our club and our volunteers. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with this entire waiver process and let the Volunteer Coordinator
know if you have any questions. Also familiarize yourself with the club's waiver process.
It is up to the coordinator to collect and submit hard-copy waivers for all guests. Hard-copy waivers must be scanned and e-mailed to
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about waivers.
- Calgary Outdoor Club +More has four waivers:
- Online Event Waiver - COC has incorporated the Member Waiver into its event registration process. Members must accept the waiver as part of their event registration. There is nothing further that the event coordinator must do.
- Guest Event Waiver - to be completed prior to attendance, and submitted to the club after every event.
- Child Event Waiver - to be completed prior to attendance, and submitted every event
- Online Event Waiver can be read here
- Make sure you are familiar with all waivers and if you have any questions about the waiver content itself, please ask the President for
- If your list (Carpool List or Dtl List) says someone has not accepted the Online Event Waiver but they say they have accepted it you should apologize for the
inconvenience and explain that since the record does not show their acceptance they cannot attend the event
- Age/Minors: We should verify age if someone looks to be around 18 because we could be in a lot of trouble if they are under 18. There is also a problem if someone
signs up a minor as his/her child when in fact they are not. In the instance of minors, we should check ID of the minor and his/her guardian.